Thursday, January 18, 2007

So for studio, rather than just a normal studio this semester, we are preparing for a HUGE deal. April 18 is the start of Salone Satellite, a several-day-long design exhibit. It is a design expo held in Milan, and (mostly) product designers from all over the world come and show their wares. Twenty schools, also from all over the world, are invited to participate as well, and show off their best studio projects. We have one of those twenty slots. So we are working on a product-centered housing project, and we've got to have really fancy digital renderings, since we don't have access to the laser cutter or 3d printer. It's exciting, and I'm not going to stress about it, merely do the best I can, go there, and goggle at all the lovelies. If I thought the interiors expo in Greenville was cool, I'm going to be absolutely beside myself at a worldwide one in Milan.

1 comment:

Alicja Fenigsen said...

Meg, in this crazy world, You are one of my consolations; love the laundry. Go for it all!! More, more!!