Saturday, October 07, 2006

This is a totally bizarre video.
The project is called "Dynamic Terrain," by janisland, and it certainly took a lot of work, but the movement of this thing grosses me out a little. It reminds me of the bog of eternal stench from Labyrinth.
The concept of a plane (wall, floor, ceiling?) being able to adjust to suit different functions is a perfectly acceptable one. I would definitely like to play around on this, if nothing else, and I guess the speed of the undulations (plus the weirdo music) is just to exaggerate the concept. It's still like something from an alien movie, though.

1 comment:

Dan McCormack said...

Gah, that music makes it seriously creepy. Does it have some kind of sensors to determine which sections should rise or fall? Or is it up to a human controller? I'm curious exactly how this kind of concept could be applied in a useful way.